Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good evening everyone! It's 10:36pm Wednesday here (2:36pm in bama) and we are winding down for the night. First of all, I want to send out a huge thanks for the scrapbook that Mary Margaret, Starlette, and Christie made for us and that a lot of you contributed to! It has been a total lifeline for us and I have just not mentioned it because I have not felt my words even could describe how this book makes me feel! But, thank you all again! You are wonderful!!!! Today was a big day....we took Jackson to meet the boys. He was nervous and so were we. They brought in the oldest boy first alone because the little one was outside with his class. That was great because the oldest boy is quieter and more reserved. He and Jackson had about 15 min. to play alone together with the motorcycles and cars we brought. It was great. Then, when the youngest boy came in it fell apart a little bit because he was excited and running around a lot. We got a balloon and kicked and hit it around like a soccer ball. It was still very fun. Both boys were excited to find out Jackson is their brother and both gave him hugs (well, really they let him hug them)! It was great. Jackson had been a little indifferent toward them up to this point, but tonight he has been talking about them and how much he is going to teach them. He looks like a giant next to them...probably almost a whole head taller than the oldest boy! I can't wait to see what they look like next to Matt McDonald!!! Anyway, they will catch up to him. But, we told him he is going to be like the oldest for a while, even though he will not be the oldest in age. He was happy to go and asked to go again tomorrow. We left Carol home, but she enjoyed her time and watched one of her movies instead of having to watch one of Jackson's. We picked her up after the visit and all went to lunch and to the market. We have just hung out together this evening, so we have gotten some rest! We have a washing machine in our home, which is wonderful! No drier, though, so we just have to hang out a load then wash another one when that load is dry! Still a blessing to have the washer! Many of you have asked about names....and we don't know. Seriously, we don't! I promise I will tell you their names once we know them! We love and miss you all!

6 comments:

  1. Just remember, Keith is an AWESOME name. Almost as AWESOME as he is.

    With Love,

    Keith's wife (Mary)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie and Greg,
    Seems like it has been a great day, what with Jackson breaking "new ground" with his new brothers. Yes, he will have oodles of things to teach them....really, a good thing. Keep the blog messages coming.

    Betty and Charles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the picture of the boys and they are sooo beautiful. It is amazing how much they look like you. I am so excited for you, and I pray everything keeps going well. Sorry I haven't posted a comment until now, I didn't realize you had already gone over. Have a good night and I will check tomorrow to see how it's going. Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to all of you,

    I am thankful all is going well, and that Jackson is taking to his brothers. The picture of the 3 of them is so good--I printed it on regular paper and it came out good. I enjoy your blogs so very much--keep them coming. I love you,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael and I are so excited that the visit went well for Jackson. We are praying that it continues to go well. We along with Toby feel like we are stalking you b/c we check the blog so often:) Can't wait to hear more. You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Starlette, I am an official stalker. It is the first thing I do everyday. It is such an exciting process for you and you are really in my thoughts daily. The boys are beautiful and the 3 look like siblings. It is amazing how that works out. Everyone always says that Jacob looks like Bobby. I guess they miss the fact that he has brown eyes and we both have blue. I hope the rest of the process goes well. I do not know anything about ukranian adoptions. I have prayed for you and will continue to do so. I know you will feel much betterr when you are on a plane and back home with the entire family.

    ReplyDelete