Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hey everybody! Sunday at 5pm here (9am there) and we have just returned from an afternoon out. Our driver (Yari) came to pick us up at 1pm and we headed off to eat some pizza. This was Carol's and Jackson's favorite meal we have had here. It was absolutely delicious....some of the best pizza we have ever eaten. I still like the Ukrainian food better because it is different....probably the same reason Carol and Jackson love the pizza...because it isn't! Anyway, it was quite tasty. We then asked Yari to take us shopping. We were meaning the cheaper, more flea markety, more traditional shopping. But, we couldn't make him understand that....he speaks only a little English. So, he took us to a brand new indoor mall. It did hold the only McD's in town, but we ended up not being hungry for it....so we will have that splurge another day. Anyway, I am very hot while inside here. And I did not bring a short-sleeved shirt. So, I wanted to look for shirts. We went to a trendy, upscale-looking clothing store called "Reserved". I was prepared for high prices and small sizes. But, I was able to get 3 short-sleeved shirts for $17....no lie. It was great. Now I can be cool while my family doesn't freeze because I have the window open as wide as it will go! Anyway, we then went to our normal market to buy some groceries. For all of you that know how little Greg and I cook at home normally, we have already been to the market more times this week than we went all last month! Of course it helps that I work in a grocery store and can bring home the essentials after working! Anyway, we bought Jackson a small Lego set at the market and he and Greg are working on it now. Plus, Jackson has gotten Carol addicted to one of his video games, so she was even playing it this morning without Jackson asking her to. Thanks again to Christie for loaning us her Nintendo DS for our trip....now they can both feed their video game addiction! Back to business tomorrow, so I will let you all know how it goes. Our next step is getting our court date....please pray for it to be soon! Love to all!

9 comments:

  1. Goodness!!! How time is flying and dragging.
    Here's hoping things go smoothly, and soon,
    with the court date. We're anxiously waiting
    for each news blog. Enjoying all the pictures
    and reading all the comments.

    You haven't mentioned the weather in your latest blogs. Is it still in the 20's? We are fluctuating between 25 and 70 degrees and
    the hospital is full of patients with pneumonia. It's no wonder with such changes in temperature.

    Everyone that sees the pictures can't get over how much the boys look alike. I'm happy for you and I like the names you have chosen.

    Love to all,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,
    Thanks for letting us share in this experience with you! I look forward each day to reading your updates and hearing about your precious family. Glad the food is a bit tastier than it was in Ecuador! ha! Can't wait to read tomorrow's update. We love you guys!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel and the "boys"
    Ann and I are just like all the others and can hardly wait to hear "new" news from you journey. sorry for the delay in posting, but we had to figure this tech stuff out. We love the names and the reasons for choosing them. We think of you each day and look forward to your quick and safe return.

    Big Bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Carol her hair looks GREAT! You can always quit pharmacy and become a hair dresser!
    Glad to hear you found some cooler clothes. I know how it is to be hot, when everyone else is not. Hope the court date comes soon because I am ready for you to come home. We missed you at Bunko, but talked about the blog alot. Not everyone is up to date like me and Jennifer (can you say addicted)!!
    Love you and take care,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay,

    Keith here. I've been sick and this is the first time I've been @ a computer since Wednesday. I am much better now but just broken hearted. I am so sad that you didn't take Mary's suggestion of Keith as an AWESOME name. She speaks so highly of me.......... So, it sounds like Ryan's name is Keith to me. So there you go, I'll be calling him Keith.

    On a serious note. I am so glad all is going well. We will definitely keep surrounding you guys with prayer and pray for a court date soon. Quicker to court and quicker we'll all get to see the entire family.

    Lotsa Love,

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys! All of the pictures are reminding me of Germany and making me miss it a little. Andy and I had to laugh at the little refrigerator because we had one just like it! And of course I think all of Europe has steam radiators for heating! Even the street picture looks like Germany. Well, I know you are ready to come home, but savor each moment because you will be home before you know it. Even though you are so ready to bring your family home this is the beginning of that journey. Relax, breathe it in and enjoy it. Well, I have to go get Jack and Abby Grace to bed. I love you guys! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey....I am so glad to have gotten this blog address today at church from Mama Jackie. I have been anxious to read all about the journey. I love the names you have chosen for your boys. I am excited for you all and I will continue to pray for your new family. Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated.
    Love to you all,
    Jennifer Smith Jones

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Melanie!
    I agree with Mary on your hair dressing talents...Carol's hair looks awesome! :) We missed you tonight at Bunko, but you know what happens when you skip...you get talked about. And we talked about you A LOT! (but you know it was all good) We were trying to do the math about when you might be home. Ok, 10 days after this then add 3 days for this, best case scenario would be this... lol. And of course we love the names! Can you tell we miss you and can't wait to meet these beautiful boys?
    We are all praying for your family and hope that things go smoothly with the courts. Keep the updates coming, because we are literally hanging on every one!
    Love you!
    Christie

    p.s. Glad the pink DS is coming in handy! :)

    ReplyDelete