Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! It is 6:32pm Saturday night here (10:32am there) and we have certainly had a day of LOVE! Ha Ha! We have not left the house today, but it has been nice. Jackson did sleep in a tiny bit....until 8am, so we had a pretty restful night. Then, we got up and I got all his Valentines together that his special friends had made him. He was so excited and read each one! He was especially excited about the princess ones...haha! Anyway, Greg and I got him a Valentine too. We got him some used games for the Nintendo GameBoy that will also fit into his Nintendo DS. He was very excited. But, he did want to know where we got them. So, we told him we got them before we left home. About 30 mins. later he said, "Why have you made me wait for all these days since we've been here?" HaHa. We reminded him that they were a Valentine's Day present and he said "Oh yeah. I forgot." Never satisfied, huh? Anyway, we did some laundry and actually cooked dinner tonight. We cooked spaghetti, but when we were at the store asking our translator for sauce he said, "We use ketchup". We kept questioning him and he kept on saying that. So, we went over to the ketchup and they have all these different kinds with different seasonings added. So, we chose one that said it had extra peppers and onions flavoring it. We did end up enjoying it....but, it was nothing like ours at home. It tasted like Chef Boyardee, so Greg and Jackson really enjoyed it. HaHa! We also added English Peas for a green. They were crunchy. Pretty bad I must say, since I don't love English Peas anyway. We wonder if they just eat them that way or if they cook them all day long? Don't really know. Anyway, we have our driver set up to come get us tomorrow for lunch and shopping. Then, we are probably going to splurge and get McDonald's on the way home for dinner tomorrow night! Ha Ha!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we finally decided on names. We took so long because we were thinking we would try to come up with names that were at least close to their old names. But, we ended up just going with names we like and if they want us to call them their Ukrainian names for a while, we can. The oldest is Slavic and he will be Philip Dean Maxwell after my Daddy. He will be called Philip. The baby is Rusic and he will be Ryan Gregory Maxwell after his Daddy. He will be called Ryan. Hope everyone likes those names because we are happy with them and we really struggled for a while! So, our boys will be Philip, Jackson, and Ryan! Well, I hope to hear all about all of your Valentine's Days soon! Love you all!

7 comments:

  1. We LOVE the names! Great Job! Of course, I am partial to Philip Dean, but Ryan is awesome too! Can't wait to get something monogramed for them all!

    Have a great, relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the names! Now I can pray for Philip and Ryan by name (I was having trouble remembering their Ukrainian names:)

    We miss you but love keeping up with you through the blog. Happy Valentine's Day!!

    Love,
    holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Maxwells,

    Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. I am sorry I haven't posted a comment the last few days, but I didn't find time to spend on the computer. All is well, just busy as usual.

    I enjoyed the posts detailing the boys activities, and pray that everything will continue to go well. I think the names are pretty and very fitting. How do they feel about being addressed by new names. All of the pictures are so good. Keep them coming.

    I love you,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg and Melanie,
    Thanks for the great blog. Sounds like Saturday has been a restful and quiet Valentine's day. We love the names you have given the boys. I know Philip (P. D.) would be proud and honored. Jackson, Philip and Ryan....those are great names for three such fine young fellows.

    God Bless.

    Betty and Charles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys! Love the names!!!! Your Dad would have loved that, another PD. I hope you will get to come home with your new family soon. We will keep you in our prayers. Mom says Hello also. Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, Greg and Jackson,

    I have enjoyed reading all the updates on your blog. Madison has helped me figure out how to send comments. I hope this works.

    We are excited about the boys. We love the names too.

    I am amazed at how much they look like Jackson and you guys.

    We love you,
    Malanta, Steve, Madison and Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the names. I love PD especially, but Ryan Gregory is great as well. Can't wait to meet them. Keep the pics and info coming.
    We Love You,
    Michael and Starlette

    ReplyDelete