Friday, February 6, 2009

It is 8:26pm Friday evening here (12:26pm Friday afternoon in Alabama for those of you confused by the time differential) and we just got back from dinner at a cafeteria whose name I cannot spell or pronounce! It was mostly traditional Ukrainian food and we actually enjoyed it...even Jackson. Funny story, Jackson and I were in the cafeteria line getting our food. We were being helped by a girl with very limited English....she told us that a small bowl of something that sort of looked like salmon-colored cream cheese spread was "salad". So Jackson, being a lover of salad, grabbed it up. We took it to the table and all tried it and it was actually good....but not at all salad. We all liked it so what did it matter? Jackson even liked it so much he said he could eat it all day every day! Well, Ben came and met us to visit and we were telling him about it and he said some Ukrainian word sounding like "sah-lahd" and we had thought she was saying "salad". Anyway, it is some kind of pork fat spread that you put on bread or meat sandwiches. Sounds gross...but we liked it, so we put it on some bread and it was even better! I thought once again how Jim Lazenby and Keith McDonald would be suffering for the cause over here! HaHa! Anyway, we had a pretty laid back day today. We did go to the SDA and got our official paperwork for the referal. We will get up tomorrow morning and head out to Zhytomyr(Zhitomir--pronounced jee-toe-meer)...directly to left of Kyiv (Kiev) on our blog map. There we will have an opportunity to meet both boys and interact with them a little bit. We are praying for a clear sign from God as to how to proceed from there. Jackson and Carol will be hanging out here for the day as we will need the first time to be just me and Greg. We will be back late tomorrow afternoon, though, and will let you all know what happened. I wanted to jut let you know that we are feeling much better/happier today as we are just so glad to have our Heavenly Father preparing our way. Every step of this trip has been pretty much exactly how we would want it....he might just be giving our little family a different look than we were prepared for! I was trying to make this blog a little shorter, but I wanted to at least give you all a little Melanie and Greg humor so you would know we are okay! Love to all!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are in a good place emotionally. I hope tomorrows travel goes easily and that the visit is smooth as well. I know you two will make the right decision, as God leads you! We will still pray for clarity and health! I wake up every morning excited to check the blog and see the photos - keep them coming! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how exciting! I know the Holy Spirit will continue to lead you in His path whatever that means. I am a fan of two boys, myself! And then to have three, well four! What a blessing. I will continue to pray each day that God will give you guys great clarity and direction. What an awesome story you will have to tell this child or these children about following "His" lead... Love you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope and pray your visit goes well with the boys tomorrow (really today for you). I pray that God will show clear direction in letting you know if this is the right addition for your family. Love the updates and the pics...keep them coming. Love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted you to know that I am following the blog. I am so excited for your family. It really pulls at my heartstrings and makes me realize how much I want to adopt again. May you enjoy the moment today and let God lead you in the next direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun. I am not working right now, I could have gone instead of Mrs. Maxwell. Will you bring me back some of that goat lard or whatever it is, I think it would be good with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Maxwells,
    Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your blog and wish you well with your visit to the boys. The pictures are so good, and Jackson's is so cute. The U of A did really well in recruiting football players.

    I love you, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Maxwells,
    Just wanted you to know that for two or
    three years now, I have been praying for
    you to have a little granddaughter to go
    along with my three grandsons, however,
    I will love whichever you bring home. It's
    not about what I want, it's about accepting
    what God has for you. Trust in Him as He
    will never fail you!!!
    Tell Jackson that it will be alright for him
    to lose a tooth while in Ukraine. The tooth
    fairy can find you there!!
    Take care as we here at home keep praying
    for you and may God bless.

    Love,
    Mama-Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greg and Melanie,
    I'm very excited that you have the opportunity to visit with the boys. I hope and pray that God will continue to guide your step.

    Shannon Fye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greg & Melanie
    Had to get Shannon to tell me how to do this. We are continuing to pray that God will have just the right chil or children for you. Enjoy your comments.

    Work is moving along. Phillip is doing a good job keeping everything going. And we are getting some new leads. Will still be glad when you are back.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greg and Melanie,
    Seems as if things are going well with you...albeit very busy. We hope the visit with the boys went well. We are anxious to hear about it. Seems like Grandma and Jackson are having a good time, even with the loose tooth. We know that you are glad they are with you.

    betty and Charles

    ReplyDelete