Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hey everyone! 4:37pm here Sunday (9:37am there) and we are in Kiev! Can't believe it...I really can't. Everything cam together perfectly. Of course, we scrambled a bit to get packed because we were told our transportation would be there by noon and he got there at 10am! So, the rest of the stuff I had not packed is literally THROWN into our suitcases and I don't care! And for those of you that know me at all, know that I am a meticulous packer. I normally can't stand not knowing exactly where something is....and I don't care!!!! That is how excited I am! The boys slept great last night...only about 15 mins. to wind down this time! Then everyone got along fairly well while Greg and I were running around trying to get us out of Zhytomyr! The ride to Kiev was the biggest blessing! Philip and Ryan didn't complain a bit! In fact, Jackson complained the most because we did not prepare to leave at that time and didn't have anything for them to snack on handy! But, Philip fell asleep almost immediately after we began the drive. We thought this was odd because we had only been awake for a couple of hours. After we arrived in Kiev, we realized he had a fever! I gave him Ibuprofen and it did help, but we are of course worried that it is something more serious. Please pray for him, and for all of us to stay well! We are staying in Kiev in a 1-bedroom apartment...it's about 1/3 the size of our place in Zhytomyr and it costs about 1&1/2 times as much as our house rent was per night. And I still don't care!!! We are coming home in 3-4 days and I am just so ready!!! Please continue to pray for a smooth rest of our journey. We go to the American Embassy tomorrow for the required medical exam for the boys. Hopefully, they will also be able to help us out if Philip is worse! We will decide tomorrow whether we will be able to fly out on Wed. or Thurs. based on what the Embassy tells us. We will keep you all posted.

I had not gotten on the computer or the blog at all since my last post, so I read the comments right before this post. Debby and Donald, your posts made me cry. Something about what both of you wrote just set me off today! Thank you both! But, really, thank you all for following our journey, for all your posts that we could not wait to read each day, and most of all for all your prayers. We have definitely felt them. God has certainly stretched us farther than we ever imagined on this journey, and somehow I don't think he is through stretching us yet! We are so, so, so thankful for each of you and your presence in our lives! As always, we love you and miss you and can't wait to see you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on getting home soon! We arrived in Kiev this morning and hope to get Yarek's embassy doctor appointment out of the way tomorrow, too! I would so love to be home Thursday night! Wednesday is not an option for us, unfortunately.

    Cute boys.
    Natalie
    www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, Greg and boys,
    It's monday and raining after having s pretty
    good day on Sunday. Sure hope the weather is
    clear during your flight home.

    Greg, I'm cooking a banana pudding to take to
    Altrusa tonight. I probably won't have any
    left over, but I'll cook one for you when you
    get home. You know, everything is depending
    on your getting "home" and all of us are so
    excited that the time is drawing near.

    Take care, and I love you all.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got through the docs visit and embassy with no problems. My hubby was not happy to be awakened at 5:30am and even less happy when I told him he had to sign papers and overnight them here. Before 9am they were on their way and we are only $91 lighter. Thank goodness. I thought it was going to be hundreds of dollars. Hopefully they'll be here by Wednesday. Hopefully you'll be out of here and back to the warm south by then, too!

    Natalie
    www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete