Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hey everyone! It's 9pm here on Wed. night (2pm there) and unless something changes, this will be my LAST post from Ukraine! I can't believe it! I have been waiting for at least, um....., 5 weeks to say that! Hooray!!! We ended up staying in for the most part today because Greg ended up feeling worse last night and this morning. He has also been sleeping with 1 of the kids (rotating nightly) on a hide-a-bed that is pretty uncomfortable. Me and 2 of the kids have been in the much comfier bed in the bedroom. I have offered to change places with him, especially since he has been sick. He said I was too much of a "princess" and this "pea" was way too large! I really had to agree and knew that he would be the one suffering if I had to sleep on it! So, when I woke up at 7am, I came out to the living room and found him in the chair in his pants, sweater, boggin, wrapped in a snuggie! Not good! So, I sent him in to the bed and he was able to rest for about 2 hours. He got up and said he was much better and the fever had broken! Anyway, in case I haven't said it enough, I appreciate the man God has blessed me with so much! He is such a wonderful husband and father and I just wanted to tell you all how much I love and appreciate him! But, enough of the mushy stuff....he is better this evening...I think....he says he is anyway. And he isn't quite so pale! Please keep praying for him to continue to get better!

Philip hasn't had any problems today at all, Praise God! And so far, Jackson, Ryan, and I have stayed well, too! Praise God, again!

We did go out for a bit to just get some air and a little exercise. We ended up going to McDonald's for lunch. To give you a little background, we learned in our adoption preparation that kids who are brought home from an orphanage will often eat anything and will overeat, sometimes even to the point of sickness. They have eaten less than they need for so long, they don't know when to stop. Also, we were warned to watch what we give them to eat...for example, give them Ukrainian food or stuff like soups, potatoes, bread...until their stomachs have time to adjust. Fast forward to our kids who have turned out to be picky eaters. They don't even act like they like the Ukrainian foods we have fed them. So, we finally gave up and decided to try McDonald's today. Philip wouldn't touch anything but fries and Ryan ate 1 chicken nugget and a few fries. They will eat pretty much any fruit we have offered them, but too much fruit will also mess their stomachs up! Oh, they have liked kielbasa...that is what they have called the sausage, bacon, and ham we have given them. But, we don't really know what we are going to feed them at home, so please pray for us to all agree on food soon!

We have finished packing for the most part...only toiletries, a few clothes that are air drying, and the pajamas we are sleeping in! Someone, we aren't sure who yet, will be here at 8am in the morning to take us to the airport for an 11:10am flight to NYC. Please continue to pray for us to make it safely home! We have missed you all so much and can't wait to see you all!

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking alot about you guys! I can only imagine what your journey has been like and I'm so excited for you. Are we all crazy? Absolutely! Is it an awesome thing we are doing? Absolutely! I'm sure I will have tons of questions for you, especially since you are a mom th 3 boys! Yay!! Can't wait to catch up. I'm sure I'll be needing your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be at least three adoptive families on that flight!!! See you tomorrow morning along with MamaPoRusski.

    Natalie
    www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so great to stay connected with you the last 6 weeks but I am ready to see you in person verses phone, blog, e-mail, etc... I will pray faithfully that you guys arrive in Birmingham in 24 hours with much joy as you start your new life as a Family of 5!! Praise be to God!!

    With love,
    Rusty, Dana, Micah and Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 10:00 P.M. here, Must be 5 A.M. there and
    you may not get this blog, however, I wanted
    you to know you are on my mind constantly. I'm
    still praying you get home safely and will continue to pray until you arrive in B'ham.

    None of us could realize before hand how very
    much we would miss each other, and the language
    made it doubly bad for you. It's hard to imagine not being able to carry on a conversation in English for such a long time!!
    It's soon over. Thank God for taking care of
    you, especially Greg and Philip during their
    illness. May all stay well during the remaining hours.

    Love,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete