Friday, March 20, 2009

Hey everyone! It's 7:20 here....and here is ALABAMA!!!! Any of you who have been following our blog will get that....and any of you reading this for the first time, well I'm sorry you might not get the joke! Anyway, I don't even know if anyone will still go on this blog since it was mostly set up to give updates on our adoption journey in Ukraine! But, Greg and I are quickly discovering that our journey has only just begun...so I guess I will keep updating the blog, because it is a good way for me to collect my thoughts!

Anyway, we had very nice flights with all 3 boys. Ryan got feverish about 30 mins. post the blogging I did on Wed. night asking for prayer for him not to get it! Anyway, he was feverish about 4 hours into the first flight from Kiev to NYC (when the medicine wore off) and he stayed that way the rest of the journey home. I couldn't take any medicine because of those crazy liquid rules, so he basically slept the whole way. Philip and Jackson both slept a little on the last 2 flights. We got to the B'ham airport about 10:45pm and had a joyous reception by a wonderful group of friends and family! It was absolutely one of the best experiences of our lives! I just want to give a huge thanks to all of you who came to meet us....it was so, so, so much of a blessing to us! We left the airport after finding out another "Greg" had picked up one of our suitcases and left his there. So, Jes and Holly were kind enough to drive to Starbucks on their way home and meet him to exchange bags! Thanks guys! Anyway, we spent a pretty good while at the airport trying to find out about the bag and visiting with our loved ones, and we finally crashed about 1am. That was 8am Kiev time, so Greg and I (not having slept on the flights) had been up for 26 hours! I was literally the most exhausted I have ever been. So, we got home and the kids immediately crashed in their new beds...thanks, Starlette, Mary, Dana, and Carol for helping us out with that....and went to sleep. Greg and I showered and hit the bed too. He went right to sleep....I laid there, and laid there, prayed, and laid there...prayed some more, and laid there! Seriously, I slept a cumulative of about 3 hours last night. So, now I have slept 3 out of 48 hours...and now I am sick. Jackson is too! So, I am taking a sleep aid tonight and praying for good rest! Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as we are adjusting to life together. Today has been a really good day with our kids and we are blessed....but, we are scared and overwhelmed, too! We just want to raise these kids as God would have us raise them! We love you all and can't wait to see those of you we haven't seen yet!

6 comments:

  1. Please Please Please do keep posting to this blog! I have enjoyed catching up with you and following this wonderful journey. I'm afraid it might be the only way I get a glimpse into the next chapter!

    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you guys are back!! I will continue to read your blog!

    The last comment was a mess up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back and know exactly how you feel. I did the same thing, slept about 3 hours during the first 26 hours. At least my hubby was here and rested to allow me to sleep about 6 hours during the next 24!

    Natalie
    www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you guys are home! I know you are exhausted, I remember how bad it was when we would come home for a visit from Germany,(but we didn't bring 2 new kids with us) so you must reslly be tired!!! Let me know when you are heading up to Boaz and maybe we can get together. I try to get up there a couple of times a month at least. Get some rest! I am just so glad you are home! Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Pary of 5 :) We are so happy you are home! Please keep posting... WE LOVE to hear about the boys, Greg and you. It continues to be a daily highlight for me. I can not wait to see you all and meet the Philip and Ryan! I hope it will be soon. I want to bring Chris and the kids to Alabama. Maybe the summer or fall we can take a long weekend :) Please take care, get better, sleep:) and enjoy those babies. God Speed!

    ReplyDelete